Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 2013 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

Yay! It's that time again for the chance to see all the creative things everyone can come up with using Papertrey Ink (and other crafting)products, a challenge, and their own imagination.
This month the challenge was to use some Papertrey Ink floral stamps, dies, etc (there are so many lovely ones) and a color scheme to come up with your own one of a kind creation. I chose the yellow color scheme although I like them all.

Here's what I came up with. My card included more paper piecing because I am
still in love with the technique that Melissa Phillips featured on this week's Make It Monday. 
If you haven't seen it, go here:

I made the flower with paper punches using a technique similar to the how-to I wrote about here:

To see everyone else's beautiful ideas and blogs (and maybe make something for yourself) go to:


Thanks for hopping by!
Carolanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps- PTI Ruby Rose, Stampibilities Composer's Dream, PTI Mini Blooms (sentiment)
Dies- PTI Frilly Flowers (for book paper behind flower) 
Punches- Paper Shapers, EK Success
 Paper- My Mind's Eye, book paper
glitter glue

14 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love your take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty!! love the mix of patterns and the dimensional flower is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very pretty. I love all your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers -great use for patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful card. I love all the different flowers on the sheet music background. The subtle color palette is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout and design.Another one of my favorite sets in use! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely; it's very 'fresh' and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the how to! Wanted to pick that gorgeous yellow flower and keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how stunning, Carolanne! You captured the beauty of this inspiration photo perfectly :)
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! I love the colors and dimensional paper flower is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how pretty. Love the color combo you picked. The blooms are soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete