Friday, May 10, 2013

It's Tea(Tin) Time

I love the rain we've been having. I think my little birdies like it too. Not only does it give me an excuse to bird watch and drink tea, but it is making everything bloom!
I say all this to tell you the idea I had this week for the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #115 challenge...
Heather Nichols Challenged us to use impression plates on something else besides paper to create our own one of a kind project. 
So...
 I die cut aluminum foil 
using the PTI Matt Stack #3 die.
 Then I cut more foil using the PTI Friendship Jar Die
but just kept the lid. (I'll save the jar for another project)
(FYI-  On all die cuts, I adhered cardstock to the back of the foil to give it more weight)
After I embossed and inked my Matt # 3 die cut, I cut off the bottom...

to come up with this...

So now I hope you see how the rain and tea idea collided with the MIM embossed foil which led me to making a tea tin.
Go make something for yourself and look at all the unique ideas:

Thanks for looking!
Carolanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps- PTI Tea For Two, Tea For Two Additions, PTI Simple Sunflower
Dies- PTI Matt Stack #3, PTI Friendship Jar, PTI Simple Sunflower, Tea For Two 
Punch- Flower-EK Success
Paper-My Mind's Eye
Inks- Memento, Versafine

6 comments:

  1. Totally in love with how this card turned out. And love that you explained the process of imagining it! Enjoy the blooms that will follow the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card! I love your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very creative! Love your bird pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got a little bit of rain here for the first time all year...Supposed to rain all weekend but woke up to sunny skies! Love the way this card turned out! That patterned paper is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique card, love that tea tin and the pretties that you added to it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and your tea tin is fabulous, Carolanne! I may have to "borrow" this idea for my next gift to my tea loving friends :)

    ReplyDelete