Friday, May 24, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #117: Paper Piecing


 This weeks PTI Make It Monday featured a tutorial from another one of my favorite designers... Melissa Phillips http://lilybeanpaperie.typepad.com OH MY! Her blog is beautiful!


I watched her video and was immediately inspired. She showed us how to take stamps, stamp them on various papers, cut out and piece them together. It took me a little while to get it together this week but this is what I came up with. This technique reminds me of a lovely quilt. 
AND I got to use the wonderful new Pedal Pusher stamps!

I decided to keep the card going. Kind of like riding on a path. 
I never get tired of the PTI Banners.


This card is going to friends from our church who are moving. We are going to really miss them, but the road they are taking is where they are supposed to be...


                         

To view the tutorial and try this technique for yourself, go to:
Thanks for looking!
Carolanne

Supplies:
Stamps- PTI Pedal Pusher, Banner Builder, Birthday Style, Hero Arts-Large Artsy Circle, Stampendous (sentiment)
Dies-PTI Tiny Tags
Paper-My Mind's Eye, Scandia-Jul-gdc studios, K&C Company
Inks-Memento

4 comments:

  1. This is just fantastic. What a fun card, that opens to reveal even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My, Carolann, your card is so very creative ~ I'm sure your friends will treasure this lovely gift from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, this is amazing, Carolann! I love that you had the bike keep going and the colours your chose and your banner-- it's all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolann, a truly wonderful card! Love the layout and how it lends itself to the story of the journey to be taken. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete