Thursday, May 16, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #116: Adding Texture to Stamps

Hello everyone! This week's PTI Make It Monday featured Betsy Veldman showing us how to add texture to our stamping. Betsy comes up with the most beautiful and unique ideas. I adore her creations  and I LOVE texture. 
This challenge, for me, however, was a little daunting. I felt like I just didn't get the technique down as well as I would have liked... But, I guess "practice will make perfect" and I don't think it is supposed to be "perfect":-)...hopefully! 
 Betsy showed us how to take a solid stamp, ink it, "swipe it", (using the teeth of a comb to give the result some texture) and then stamp it on paper. When I tried it, I thought the result reminded me of Mexican tile. 
                                     
So I decided to make 3 more "tiles" 
to form a pattern.

“The details that are my life's special pattern, like how in handwoven rugs what really makes them unique are the tiny flaws in the stitching, little gaps and jumps and stutters that can never be reproduced.”

― Lauren Oliver


To try this technique for yourself and participate, go to:

Thanks for stopping by!
Carolanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps- PTI Lovely Layers, Cutting Garden (sentiment) 
Dies- Lovely Layers
Punches- Marvy Uchida (square), Fiskers (bottom trim)
Inks-Memento, Versafine, Ranger-Tim Holtz 

10 comments:

  1. Love your 'Mexican Tiles', Carolanne! Your card is really lovely...I like the texture you created here and don't think this technique is meant to be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great card. The texture gives it a really distressed feel. Great color combo also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created a great tile effect! colors are festive too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tiles Carolanne - great color & texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous how this turned out! FOLKSY LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tiles - the added texture looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this gorgeous hand crafted and stamped tile card! Cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is terrific! It makes me think of Mexican tiles, too :)

    ReplyDelete