Thursday, June 13, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #120: Overlapping Ombre

 This week's MIM was using the ombre effect in your card design. The challenge was kind of a stretch for me because I tend to gravitate toward using contrasting colors on a card.  Even after I starting stamping I wasn't sure I liked it - kept wanting to add some little blue flowers next to the red! I did have this idea, though, of flowers spilling over the top - going from dark to lighter shades. I even decided to do the leaves as well. (Maybe I wanted to add that green next to the red! haha) 

After I die cut and layered a few flowers over the stamping, and then added some glitter, this card really made me happy! Plus I really love these Mini Blooms:-)
To see the challenge for yourself and participate go to:

Thanks for looking!
Carolanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps- PTI Mini Blooms, PTI Background Basics Wrought Iron
Dies- PTI Mini Blooms
Inks- Memento
Other- glitter glue

13 comments:

  1. I love your card! Mini Blooms and the new Bigger Blooms are totally on my wish list now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly lovely card. I just love how the blooms cascade down the front of the card. They look really great with the ombré technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carolanne~you created such a beautiful garden of flowers! Love the pretty colors and design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so pretty! I just love the sweet mini blooms and your design is flawless!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty, and I love the way you were able to incorporate the wrought iron into your design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this is just beautiful. So creative and I have to agree with Joyce, love you have used the wrought iron fence with your bunch of lovely posies! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolanne this is gorgeous, I love the close up picture showing the added glitter. The black fence design is a wonderful addition . Beautiful card, and mini blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolanne, your cascading blooms are delightful! They would make anyone happy! So warm and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card! It's beautiful and very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning....been thinking about getting the mini blooms....this card just sealed the deal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is so pretty, Carolanne! I love how you used the mini-blooms set for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete