Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Make It Monday #121: Colored Vellum Flowers

This week on Papertrey Ink's MIM, Betsy Veldman showed us how to make BEAUTIFUL vellum flowers using stamps, dies, and inks. You should see her flowers. They are gorgeous!

 When I think of vellum flowers, I think of weddings and vintage and lace...which led me to some of my grandmother's doilies and lace.

Then, I was inspired to make these flowers.

Which inspired me to stamp and emboss some lace. After that, I HAD to dry emboss using some swiss dots and linen impression plate. And of course some embroidered stamping.

Which then, led me to think, why not make a little window to let in the light? 

 And that's what I did. 
This was fun!
To see what you can do, go to:

Thanks for stopping by! 
Carolanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps-PTI-Year of Flowers, Embroidered Blooms, Recollections - Crochet Lace
Dies- PTI-Fabulous Frames
Embossing-PTI Linen and Canvas Impression Plate, Cuttlebug
Inks-Memento, Versa Mark watermark
Embossing Powder- Stamp n Stuff-white

13 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous! Your window idea is brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm head over heels in love with your card! Hope you don't mind, but it needs pinning, squeeling over, and studied in every way! So completely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card - that window is wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers, and I love the window idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, this is fabulous! Your coloured flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolanne, Your card is amazing!! I love the window idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done...so soft and pretty !! Also love your picture of your grandmother's linens...I am a "collector" of them myself...thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has got to be the prettiest card I've ever seen! Very feminine and vintage-y.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is absolutely gorgeous !! I love the stamped vellum technique. You did a beautiful job!! I love vintage and lacey stuff also!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The card is lovely! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete