Monday, November 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink November 2013 Blog Hop


Welcome to the Papertrey Ink November 2013 Blog Hop!
The Challenge:
There are lots of fun and creative blogs to hop to today, so let me show you (through mostly photos) what I did!

I took these PTI dies

 to  make this.

I added this house die

 to make the front of my house…
which you may be able to tell, is a church. 
I adhered this to the front of the house template we downloaded from PTI.
Then I added some texture and holiday decor, 

 to make a little Christmas church.

Here's a little closer look. I may have gotten a tad carried away with the glitter.

 There's a birthday party going on at the back of the church.

Here's one side of the church. The other side looks just like this one.
 What's a Christmas church without a little candlelight (or battery operated tea light).  The window is covered with vellum that I stamped and embossed. 

If you go around to the back, you can pretend you're at a live nativity.
Maybe have a little coffee or hot chocolate...

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men". -John 1:4


Now, I can't wait to see what you all have made! I am always challenged by all the creativity out there.
Thanks for stopping by and all the wonderful comments you give me!
Carolanne





Supplies Used:

Stamps- PTI Home Made, Home for the Holidays, Hero Arts Celebrating the Greatest Gift of All, Fancy Folk Art (red and green trim on back)
Dies-PTI Beautiful Beads, Framed Out #4, Boards and Beams, Super Star Border Die, Lower Case Block Alphabet 
Embossing Folders-Sizzix Tim Holtz Bricks and Burlap
Punch- Martha Stewart Pine Bough
Glitter, Vellum, battery operated votive




18 comments:

  1. Carolanne, you rocked this challenge! In love with every detailed wonder! The garland, the tree, the brick, the nativity! Girl, wish I had a blue ribbon to hang on the steeple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project...I really appreciate the tutorial. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not possible to get carried away with glitter in my opinion! Such a creative project...just beautiful and loved your step by step!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolann this is brilliant ! How did you ever come up with this! My favorite part is the Birthday party going on in the back! You thought of everything. It's beautiful lit too! Going back to take another look at your beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I would never in a million years be creative enough to use my dies to make something like this from scratch. Just beautiful from every side.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, this looks fabulous! Thanks for showing how you put it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Your creativity is amazing. Love the addition of the Nativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolanne, you blew me away with your creativity with this one. I love the texture on the walls, the lovely nativity scene and the candlelight makes it so special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so incredibly beautiful, and you can never have enough glitter in my opinion! And I also love the fact that you included the "birthday party" going on in the back of the church...and lit up no less! Fantastic job Carolanne!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You smarty-pants! Way to go, using those dies to make that tiny house into a church. You even did the inside beautifully. (I used colored vellum in the windows to keep anyone from sneaking a peek inside.) The greenery on the roof with all the glittered snow makes the look totally magical. Thank you for playing and taking the time to leave kind comments yourself. Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative. Love how you made this into a church. I need to do this. Love the back of the church too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE everything about it!
    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever. Love all the different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, Carolanne, you put a TON of work into this beautiful creation, complete with a magnificent Nativity scene! I'm blown away!!

    Thanks for the visit to me and your kind comment!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and I hope the storm doesn't hit where you are!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, Carolanne, this church is awesome! Love your creativity and display of genius here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, you are so creative!!!!! Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMAZING! I LOVE that you made a church. And it is so beautifully embellished. Thanks so much for sharing how you did it....I'm still just in awe of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete