Monday, November 11, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #140: Ink Pad Designs


 A long time friend of mine just lost her mother in law to cancer. Although my friend and her family are comforted by the fact that she is no longer suffering, they are missing her greatly. This mother was such an encouraging person. She loved her whole family immensely. You could never tell who was the son by blood or the daughter by marriage. 

At times like these all you can do is offer a hug and pray…and give a card. When I saw this week's PTI MIM with Ashley Cannon Newell, I knew what design I wanted.
Using Ashley's technique, I inked the leaves on a Rustic Wreath die cut in multiple Autumn colors. For the larger leaf, I stamped it first with a leaf stamp from The Sweet Life and then inked the other colors.
I added the sentiment and adhered it all to an impressed Linen/Canvas base.

"The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms."
Deuteronomy 33:27

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, thank you so much for the encouraging comments!
Carolanne

Supplies:
Stamps- PTI Rustic Wreath, The Sweet Life
Dies- PTI Rustic Wreath, Cuttlebug Leaves
Impression Plate- PTI Linen/Canvas
Inks-Memento








26 comments:

  1. Carolanne...what a beautiful post. Not only the wonderful heartfelt words, but the pretty card too. Love that wreath and the leaves gently dipped in autumn colors. I also love the larger leaf stamped with the Sweet Life. This is such a beautiful card and tribute to your friends mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your take on this challenge is amazing! I really love how it turned out using it on die cuts! What a wonderful card for a great purpose. Thanks so much for participating in this week's MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is so very beautiful and am sure it will be received with love by your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful and will be appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully said and done! Lovely tribute to her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolanne ,what a beautiful post!
    This card is simply gorgeous! I love everything g about it. It's an elegant beauty just like your words. Love the dots placed around the wreath along with ....I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning - the mix of colors is perfectly balanced between the wreath & leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! The colors are gorgeous and so fitting for the purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, and a beautiful post! Love the scripture quote, and I pray it, as well as your card, bring peace...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the color mix

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything about this post is wonderful - your words, your card design, your colors, etc., etc., etc. You are right about cards making a difference.

    Did you write the sentiment or is it a stamp? If a stamp, would you mind sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad about your friend. This is a gorgeous card, and I love your inking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful~I pray your friend will be comforted Carolanne.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful card! Your coloring is gorgeous!
    It is so hard to loose loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carolanne, thanks for getting back to me about the stamp. I'll have to look through Hobby Lobby stamps for something similar next time I go there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carolanne, what a BEAUTIFUL card you've created for your friend!
    I love the pretty colors, the design, & the lovely sentiment! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful idea with your wreath. I was impressed with the different colors on the leaves. like fall leaves. And love the sentiment. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a gorgeous card. I love how you incorporated the MIM technique, and I'm sure your friend will greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card, Carolanne, the colours are gorgeous ... and what a lovely sentiment. Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great take on the challenge, Carolanne, and such a sweet post about your dear friends and their loss. Your card is so peaceful I'm sure they will appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous!! Your design is fabulous and the colors are so happy and beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete