Thursday, November 21, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #141: Adding Glitter with Heat and Stick Embossing Powder



Hi everyone! I'm popping in to share what I did for this week's Papertrey Ink MIM. I've been fighting a cold all week and trying to organize things (and my mind) to get ready for Thanksgiving…which is next week. Yikes.
Just like some other crafters, I did not have any heat and stick embossing powder so I added glitter to the embossing powder that I did have. I hope you can see the shimmer in the photos. I glittered the blue stars and the blue inked wreath behind the word, Joy. I also glittered the background snowflakes.  I am "ok" with my results. Some of you did some fabulous things and had wonderful results! Heather Nichols made an adorable snow globe card using this technique.

You can see that card and technique here:
Just remember:
"She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."

Thanks for stopping by and your encouraging comments!
Carolanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps- PTI Snowflake Medley, Background Basics Super Stripes
Dies- Fancy Flakes, Love Joy Peace One Liner
Inks- Memento, Tim Holtz distress

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful color combo--neat card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Carolanne. Worked great with the embossing powder. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card! The glitter you used looks amazing! You can definitely see the shimmer. Hope you are on the mend soon. Best of luck with your Thanksgiving preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carolanne. Yessss, I can totally see the glitter you used! :-) Great idea for the layout to use the one liner die. Got to give it a try myself! Lots of get well wishes from Austria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous....love the colors and the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that you did this on the diagonal! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your holiday card has so much fun details, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!I love colors on your card .The combination of red and light blue is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty!!! Love the red stripes and the glittery snowflakes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card you created, Carolanne! Love the sparkle in those snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete