Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #139: Stamped Square Frames

 This week's PTI MIM is super fun! Plus I love to see Dawn McVey create :-) The tutorial is about taking your border stamps (or even edges of stamps) to make a decorative frame. There are so many possibilities to this. Just like doing puzzles. I'm hoping to have more time to experiment with other stamps but here's what I came up with for now. 
My favorite colors for Christmas are kraft, red and white. To me it is so cozy.
to make my frame and then I added a little extra flourish using the small leaf in this stamp set:

Just for fun I took the edge of this stamp and stamped the edges. 
I added some glitter, die cuts, sentiment, polka dot paper, and I was done!
To view the challenge for yourself and give it a whirl, go to:

Wishing you a bright and happy day.
I really appreciate all the sweet and encouraging comments. Paper crafters are very kind and creative. I learn so much from each of you!
so...
Thanks for looking!
Carolanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps-PTI Boutique Borders-Baby, Rustic Wreath, Crackled mini stamp
Dies- Fancy Flakes
Punch- Martha Stewart
Inks-Versafine, Memento
Paper-My Mind's Eye (be Merry)
glitter glue

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful "frame" you created on this gorgeous card, Carolanne! Love the pretty embellishments and color combo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your glittered snowflake and the crackled look on the borders. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolanne, this is really a stand out in the gallery! It is cozy and fun and really, really pretty!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I noticed this one from the thumbnails! I love the way you've left the frame quite empty so we can admire your lovely stamping! And thank you for the kind comments on my blog, Carolanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolanne...All the other people who commented are right. This really stands out in the gallery...although the frame is stamped perfectly, what really drew me in were those snowflakes and pine branches. This is a gorgeous holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just scrumptious Carolanne! Great colours, stamping and love the off center focal point of branches and snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO pretty! love the frame first - then the stars and glitter add so much happiness to this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply BEAUTIFUL, Carolanne!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeously embellished christmas card

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this border stamp! Of course, it's one of the ones I didn't buy...YET!
    Beautiful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you've done your border! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful. It's so festive and homey.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so beautiful!!! Love how you embellished your frame the snowflake cluster is as sweet as can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First thank you so much for your lovely compliments on my new blog.
    I love this square frame. and the accents. The bright red and snowflakes. bring cheer. nicely put together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. First thank you so much for your lovely compliments on my new blog.
    I love this square frame. and the accents. The bright red and snowflakes. bring cheer. nicely put together.

    ReplyDelete