Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Make It Monday #102: Pillow Box Stamping and Assembly

Two years ago, my daughter and I were doing this:

Yes, those are 200 flattened pillow boxes that we stamped with a green floral stamp, dry embossed with swiss dots, and then added a butterfly. 
It was fun wedding:-) 


This week on Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday tutorial, Ashley Cannon Newell shows how to embellish pillow boxes many beautiful ways (her gold embossing was my favorite!) Ashley's tutorial inspired me to dry emboss again (even though her beautiful embossing was heat embossed) This time I  used colored card stock and inked the embossing with white.
And of course, added an embellishment:-)


Thanks for looking!
Carolanne


Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Lovely Layers
Dies: PTI Parisian Doily, Sizzix pillowbox
Embossing Folder: Paper Studio
Ink: Brillance Tsukineko Moonlight White

9 comments:

  1. 200 pillow boxes - wow! The dry embossing adds lots of texture and love the embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your embossed pillow box (just finished one myself). I think the 200 you did for the wedding are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh did you do all those with one die? Love the embossed box and flower it’s beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossing and the color combo, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embossing looks amazing. I love how you added white ink. And your embellishment is really beautiful. PS--Did you know you have word verification on? Pretty please, turn it off....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a great photo of the wedding boxes lined up - I 'm sure it brings back great memories. I LOVE the embossed folder you made for the challenge - inspired me to go through mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A work of love never to be forgotten! 200? A mother's love has no bounds! Your newer box is beautifully embossed. Great medallion too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just gorgous! it almost looks like you sanded the embossing, that's what i thought at first until i read that you used white ink. very pretty pillow box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo, another gorgeous one! Love the white washed embossing on the rich red! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete