Thursday, January 24, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #101 Layered Embossing




This week, on Nichole Heady's blog, Heather challenges us to take out our heat gun and layer our embossing. This was a fun challenge although it did require a little patience and discipline. Sometimes it is hard for me to know when to stop heating my embossing powder.  I have a tendency to want to "over do". This would not work well with this technique as the previous layer of embossing would be melted away!



I did get the hang of it though. The kissing couple image was the first image I embossed. I used a black sparkle embossing powder to give them a little pizzazz. Next, I embossed a square image with white embossing powder to draw attention to their kiss.:-) Finally, I embossed the sentiments in white as well.

To take the challenge yourself, go to: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/make-it-monday/

Thanks for looking!
Carolanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink-Framed Out #12, Think Big Favorites #23, Inkadinkado
Dies: Papertrey Ink-Fillable Frame, Delightful Doilies, Hearts border die
Flower Punches: EK Success
Border Punch: EK Success
Paper: Recollections
Inks: Versa Mark
Embossing Powders: Stampendous, Stamp-n-stuff
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug
White cord, glitter glue, book paper

3 comments:

  1. What a great take on the challenge. I like how you have used an embossed square to highlight the couples kissing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful! I love all your pretty mellon papers( the color) and the embossed heart border just too pretty ! You put this together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing! I LOVE the way you used that frame to frame the couples' faces!!! If you have some time, I'd love for you to join in our challenges at Inkspirational and Technique Time Tuesday! HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete