Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #104: Handmade Pinwheels

Pinwheels are so happy. I love them! This week on on the PTI Make It Monday Challenge, Ashley Cannon Newell shows us how to make them out of all sizes (and materials) of cut squares. The Limitless Layers Square Die Collection from Papertrey Ink is just adorable. Five square dies. Four with different decorative edges. I cut two of the zigzag squares and glued them back to back.

And made this!






Pinwheels make me think of bicycles. So, I put them together and created this!

 

To view the challenge (and all the lovely creations) and participate for yourself, go to:


Thanks for looking!
Carolanne


Supplies Used:
Stamps: PTI Banner Builder, Studio 112(bicycle), Studio g(celebrate), Stampabilities(music on button)
Dies: PTI Fabulous Frames, Banner Builder, Limitless Layers (Squares), Delightful Doilies, Buttoned Up #2
Edger Punch: Fiskars
Inks: Versafine, Memento
twine, bookpaper, cardboard packaging for button

9 comments:

  1. This is an awesome card! Love the colors, layout and the cute bycycle images....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how whimsical this card feels, super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carolanne, LOVE your card and we are on the same mind link here ~ I just finished another MIM pinwheel card with a bicycle too! How funny, I bought that same bicycle stamp today with pinwheels in my head, but used a different one on my card :) Will post when I can take a daytime photo tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this is just to darn cute! Love your pinwheel and the way you stamped your bike ant the bottom is adorable. What a fun card and the banner is I can feel the warm breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card. I love your colorful pinwheels and they look great paired with the bicycles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card, Carolanne! What a great idea to use a non-straight edge die for your pinwheel! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous pinwheel - love it paired with the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the celebration feel of your card. Fab fabric pinwheel too.

    ReplyDelete