Saturday, December 14, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #144: Heat Embossing Vellum

Let me just say that using colored embossing powder intimidates me. I like to use white or some neutral sparkles. That way you can't see my mistakes! And embossing several different colors together? Well, not something I really ever do! BUT listening to Melissa Phillips's Make It Monday tutorial this week really helped me! She is such a good teacher. You can learn from her too!

I decided to use PTI Mini Blooms, Bigger Blooms, and Peaceful Pine Cones to make a little wreath.
I stamped and embossed each color separately just like Melissa showed us. 

I loved the way she put a light patterned paper underneath the vellum so I did the same. Melissa also gave a great tip in the video for adhering your vellum to your card so the glue doesn't show!
I added some punched trim, a snowflake, die cut flowers, and some pearls…then I was done!
"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!" - Charles Dickens

Thanks for stopping by and your nice comments!
Carolanne

Supplies:
Stamps- PTI Peaceful Pine Cones, Bigger Blooms, Mini Blooms
Die-PTI Fancy Flakes
Punch- Fiskars
Paper- My Mind's Eye "be Merry"



10 comments:

  1. What a cute wreath! Great job on the embossing, and love the patterned paper peeking out from behind, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out lovely! I love the brightness of the red and green embossing powders and the design paper beneath the vellum...it just all came together beautifully! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautifully. I love the bright red and the pretty patterned paper under the vellum. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for you kind words on my blog! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stamped wreath!! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Love how you created your wreath from the different stamp sets. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wreath you created and the bright red and green! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job with the different coloured embossing Carolanne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant job with the embossing, and I love how you can see the patterned paper underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work, the red really pops with the vellum, so clever!

    ReplyDelete