Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #127 Double Backgrounds

This week on Papertrey Ink's MIM, Dawn McVey had a very inspiring how to video. 

She showed us how to take a background stamp, such as this beautiful PTI Wrought Iron,

and stamp on top of it with another stamp. I used the vine from PTI's Stitched Sentiments. 
This makes a one of a kind original background that is designed by YOU.

 I used the background I made and added a Delightful Dahlia with a little glitter to create a sympathy card for a dear friend. 
Thanks, Dawn. This idea certainly makes some lovely backgrounds!
To try it for yourself, go to:


 Thanks for visiting!
Carolanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps- PTI Background Basics Wrought Iron, Stitched Sentiments, Cutting Garden, Delightful Dahlia Additions, Boutique Borders Love 
Dies- Delightful Dahlias, Boutique Borders Love
Edger Punch- Fiskars
Inks- Memento, Versafine
Glitter 

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty - I love your background so much...looks like the wrought iron will end up in my cart this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love the simple look of the background stamps you used. It gives a very subtle, but elegant background. The flower with the glitter makes a stunning focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delightful!! Love your background, and I love how you did the edging, too! Your dahlia is a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your background! I would of never thought to pair these two together but they look AMAZING!Beautiful card and dahlia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is so stunning! I love hydrangeas! I am really hoping I can afford some more Papertrey ink products soon.

    ReplyDelete