Monday, September 30, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #134: Repeat + Lift

 Finally! I'm back participating in a Papertrey Ink Make It Monday. Seems like one thing or another has kept me from submitting the past couple of weeks. 
This week's MIM is super cute!

I LOVE to use the word Joy at Christmas. Sometimes Christmas can be a tough and not such a happy time. But even during hard times, as we look to the meaning behind the traditions, we can experience Joy.

That's why I LOVE, love, love the new Joy die that PTI  recently put out. But, I did not get the stamp to go with it. So... I improvised the repeat and lift by die cutting and using the negative space as a stencil. (You all know I have done this before) I repeated and lifted ink pads instead of a stamp. 

It gave me a kind of blurry watercolor wash look.


I added the die and then some snowflakes, stars, bubbles, and glitter.


Then with a final sentiment, I was done!
Super fun!


"These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full."
-John 15:11

Thanks for looking!
Carolanne

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Instant Photo: Holidays, Winter Hills, Birthday Wishes
Die: Wonderful Words-Joy
Inks: Memento
glitter glue






7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning...so creative to make a stencil and use it that way! Thank you for your kind words on my card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a colourful and joyful card. Love the added stamping of dots and snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great improvisation! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to use what you have - GREAT card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love your quote, too --don't you wish PTI would have that quote in with the Joy set? I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your reasoning for using the word "joy". You inking is so neat. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete